Managing your blood pressure at home takes understanding and maintenance, but our blood pressure and cholesterol resources can help make it easier.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) – Overview of High Blood Pressure
- Heart.org – How High Blood Pressure Can Hurt Your Health
- WebMD High Blood Pressure Quiz
- WebMD Test Your Salt Smarts Quiz
- Health Record Card – Download and print this to help you track your blood pressure and medication usage. Take this card with you to all doctor’s visits.
- My Blood Pressure Wallet Card
- How to Monitor Your Blood Pressure at Home Video
- Your Quick Guide to Lowering Your Blood Pressure with the Dash Eating Plan
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association – Understanding and Managing High Blood Pressure
- NHLBI Heart Healthy Recipes Database
- Journal of the American Medical Association – High Blood Pressure Management Guidelines
How Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Work
Understanding Blood Pressure – Learn about what blood pressure is, risk factors, and what your numbers mean.
Breaking Down Why You Have High Blood Pressure – Learn about the reasons your blood pressure’s high and what you’re doing that’s raising it.
Understanding Cholesterol – Learn about what cholesterol is and the guidelines for your levels.
Healthy Hearts – Expert video presentations on taking care of your heart.
Managing Your Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
American Heart Month 2015 – Quick tips for protecting your heart for American Heart Month.
American Heart Month 2016 – Raise awareness with these handy and compelling videos.
National Cholesterol Education Month – Connect with trusted resources to learn more about cholesterol and how it works.
You and Your Blood Pressure Readings – Learn more about choosing an at-home blood pressure monitor and get tips for accurate readings at home and the doctor’s office.
Getting the Most Out of Your Doctor’s Appointments – Learn more about how often you should schedule preventive services, what you should ask at your appointments, and about being nervous at the doctor’s.
Tobacco and Your Heart – Smoking raises your blood pressure. Learn more about quitting to protect your heart.
Your Meds and Your Heart – Learn more about how your blood pressure and cholesterol meds work, when you should take them, and what you should know about all your medications.
Extra Help and Info
High Blood Pressure and the Hot Tub – Did you know you can use the hot tub even if you have high blood pressure? Read more about the new recommendations.
Healthy Eating and Exercise for Your Heart – Learn about exercising and eating to protect your heart, from trans fats, potassium, alcohol, and soda to the holidays.
Dividing Your Plate Into Sections – Learn more about healthy portions and eating balanced meals with this simple guide.
Cutting Back on Salt for Your Heart – Learn about how cutting back on salt in your diet can help you mange your high blood pressure.
National High Blood Pressure Education Month – Get inspiration and facts about fighting high blood pressures.
Stroke Awareness Month and High Blood Pressure Education Month – Learn more about preventing strokes by managing your blood pressure.