It’s Mold Awareness Month, and long-term mold exposure can cause serious and life-threatening health issues, from respiratory problems to cancer.
Some common symptoms of mold exposure are skin irritation, allergy, cold, and flu-like symptoms, trouble breathing, nose bleeds, headaches, and nausea.
Check your home for mold. Look out for leaking pipes and plumbing issues that allow for too much moisture in small spaces.
Prevent future mold growth by drying out damp, small areas of your home with fans.
The longer mold is left to grow in your home and you’re exposed to it, the more likely you are to get sick from it. Clean up mold as soon as you spot it.
While bathrooms, laundry rooms, basements, small closets, and crawl spaces are the most common places for mold, also check around windows and air conditioners.
If you discover a serious mold issue, seek help from a professional who can clean up the mold safely while protecting your family and home.