When you’re diagnosed with diabetes, it affects many parts of your life. Making healthy lifestyle choices is important when trying to manage your diabetes.
Things you might not think about, like sleep, stress, and salt, can affect your diabetes. Keep these lifestyle tips in mind:
- Your food choices have a huge impact on your blood sugar, and a healthy diet is a key piece of the puzzle when it comes to managing your diabetes. Counting carbohydrates can be an important part of managing your diabetes, especially if you use insulin, and this WebMD guide can help.
- Sometimes, it can feel like diabetes is limiting your choices when it comes to food, but there are still lots of options. This list goes over 11 Drinks for People With Diabetes, so you have more options than water, and this guide can even help you choose the occasional cocktail safely.
- You can also check out these helpful examples of the best and worst meals for dining out with diabetes.
- The American Diabetes Association’s YouTube channel has a Healthy Eating and Recipes playlist with video tutorials to help you choose and prepare healthy meals.
- Exercise is also an essential part of any healthy lifestyle. It’s important to get up and get out there for your body and for your diabetes.
- Try these 10 muscle moves that help with your diabetes to begin strength training.
- These tips can help you use exercise to prevent diabetes-related nerve pain and to improve your balance.
For more workouts and a huge variety of healthy recipes, head over to our Pinterest. And to learn more about nutrition, weight management, and the great fitness discounts we offer to our members, visit our online Wellness section.