You may not have realized that the holidays can be a dangerous time for your furry friends, but these holiday pet safety tips can help.
Make sure your Christmas tree is anchored so it can’t tip and fall when your pets jostle it.
Christmas tree water may contain fertilizers and is a breeding ground for bacteria, which can cause upset stomachs in pets.
Avoid mistletoe and holly. Holly causes nausea in pets, and mistletoe upsets their stomachs and can cause heart problems.
Kitties love sparkly tinsel, but when they nibble on it, it can cause blocked digestive tracts, which can lead to expensive surgery.
Keep wires and glass and plastic ornaments out of paws’ reach to avoid electric shocks and cuts to feet and mouths.
Make sure batteries aren’t left in pets’ reach. They can cause burns to the mouth and esophagus when punctured.
As you count down to the new year, avoid confetti strings, which can get stuck in pets’ intestines, and noise poppers and fireworks around timid pets.